What is the Sports Premium?
Sports Premium funding is being jointly provided by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Purpose of funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE, sport and learning outdoors, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport and outdoor learning
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
For more information please click here for the Government's policy behind the PE and Sports Funding for Primary Schools.
How will we be spending the Sports Premium Funding and who will benefit?
Our school has been allocated £17,010 of funding and we have employed the expertise of coaches from Primary Sports UK and Planting Seeds. Please take a look at what we aim to achieve for both our children and our staff.