YEAR 1 - Yellow & Green Classes
Welcome to Year 1 for Parents - if you have any questions about Year 1, check here for the answers. If the answer isn't here, contact us via Class Dojo or by ringing the office and leaving a message.
Use these fabulous, fun ideas to help you learn more about our latest topic - Once Upon a Time
Our current Topic is...
- Read and compare a number of different traditional tales.
- Write our own versions of a traditional tale.
- Investigate properties of materials, finding out which would be good for building houses.
- Design wallpaper for one of the Three Little Pigs using repeat printing techniques.
- Compare homes now and in the past.
Know number bonds for 10 and use them to work out number bonds for 20
1 + 9 = 10, 11 + 9 = 20
2 + 8 = 10, 12 + 8 = 20
3 + 7 = 10, 13 + 7 = 20
Can you continue the pattern?
Practise counting in 1s forwards and back. Can you count to 100?
Practise counting in 10s, 5s and 2s.
Can you say 1 more or 1 less than any number to 50?
Read for 10 minutes every day! Reading is good for you. It relaxes you, it takes you to exciting places, it teaches you new things and it is fun.
Children are taught to recognise the sounds within words and use these for reading and spelling.
e.g. sh o p becomes shop, p air becomes pair
Here are a couple of sites to get you moving!